Pinch Close Birthday Box Tutorial

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Pinch Close Birthday Box Tutorial

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Pinch Close Birthday Box Tutorial

Well it’s birthday season in our house right now, it was Chris’s birthday yesterday, Jack’s was on Thursday and a couple of weeks before, it was Oliver’s.

Then throw in nephews, in laws and everyone else as well, and we are back to back to back to….. well you get the point!

And seriously, we are over run with men! I have 2 brothers who have 4 sons between them, Chris has a sister, but she has 2 sons, and of course, our own 4 boys!

Whew! Mum and I feel very lonely sometimes!!!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Pinch Close Birthday Box Tutorial Overhead

But with the boy thing happening around here, Birthday’s just seem to conjure up blue colours, balloons and that sort of idea!

So my box today is pretty but not girly, stylish but not twee.

Perfect for a boy!

It uses the Birthday Bash Speciality DSP that has the lovely metallic gold in it and accessorised with sequin trim!

Oh and of course, different colours, just to see how they look!

I hope you enjoy the video, and perhaps you’ll share one you make with me!

Dimensions when finished – 2.5 x 2.5 x 3.5″ (6.5 x 6.5 x 8.5cm)

Cardstock – 10.5  x 8″ (27.5 x 20cm)

Score on the SHORT side at 2.5, 6″ (6.5, 15cm)

Score on the LONG side at 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10″ (6.5, 13, 19.5, 26cm)

PART score as per the video at 1.25, 3.75, 6.25, 8.75″ (3.25. 9.75. 16.25. 22.75cm)

DSP Panels – 4 of 2.25 x 3.25″ (6 x 8cm)

Products used and showcased

Cardstock – Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Bermuda Bay, Gold Foil

DSP – Birthday Bash

Stamp Set – Tag Talk

Punch – Label Bracket Punch, 1/8″ Handheld Punch

Other – Gold Taffeta Ribbon, Bermuda Bay and Gold Sequin Trim

Sam xx

Stampin' Up! Retiring List

I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to support Pootles! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!

To shop online, please click the link above or below! To Join Stampin’ Up! and my team of Pootlers, please either click the links in the menu bar at the top, or send me a message!

YouTube account is set at PootlesPapercraft but you can find me most places as Pootles!

1. Love your projects Sam. Could you do some boy cards as I have 7 grandsons aged 4-12 and find it so hard to come up with designs. Dawn in Oz.

2. marlene kiley says:

Love all of the diff. boxes you display on your blog. Hard to choose which one is my favorite. Love them all.

3. Love them Sam! Great idea! And I know what you are talking about having so many men in the family!! 🙂 My next grandchild is going to be a boy!!! 🙂 Have a great day! Irisxx

4. Joanne says:

Good morning ! The box as usual is pretty ! Have I heard well ? Sticky strip tape is retired ? Oh nooooooo !

5. Great project, as usual. I never heard of the word “twee” so I had to look it up: “sweet or cute in a way that is silly or sentimental”. I learned more than how to make a box in this post! LOL

6. Janet Carey says:

Hi Sam, from Melbourne,
    Love the pinched box and isn’t that DSP just beautiful. Tell me, out of curiosity, how was Chris going to measure your son’s head with a metal ruler. It just wouldn’t bend around. Anyway, love the box as usual.

Keep on Stampin, Janet.

7. Karen S says:

Great box, I like the closure. Not really a fan of green (the Bermuda Bay version is more me, and even more so if it was purple!), however, the DPS brings the Mossy Meadow ‘to life’ and I really like it – I shall look at it with fresh eyes from now on, and stop ignoring it in my card drawer! Isn’t it annoying when you lose something, blame someone else and then find out it was you all along (I do that all the time!) had to laugh at the ‘Sorry Chris’ message on screen. Thanks for another great idea!

8. Bettina E. says:

Hi fro Germany, Sam. Just love all your Projects. This one is just great size and quick to make. I will use those next time when one of my nephews is going to have a birthday Party! Thanks for all your great ideas!

9. What a perfect DSP for this boxes, I just love it!!! And the boxes themselves are fabulous, nice and roomy to put all kinds of goodies in there. Boys need pretty things too and this boxes are just perfect for gift giving.
    I also was wondering if you could make some cards for teen boys, masculine cards are difficult, but teen boys are even harder.
    Thank you for another awesome video and a very Happy Belated Birthday wish for your husband and your sweet boys Jack and Oliver.

10. Shauna Dickamore says:

So happy for you to have 4 boys. I raised 4 sons and now have 4 daughters (when my sons married) and now I have 5 granddaughters and 3 grandsons. I love all your projects and cards. Thank you for sharing your ideas and creativity. Shauna

11. Sam I LOVE watching you and your funny videos… make me laugh every time I watch you. It’s funny, because some times I have the same kind of day that you have……….LOL….only difference is that I don’t have any kids….just a husband and a small spoiled little dog……. LOVE those videos, keep them coming and I will keep watching and making them………. Thanks Sam…..

12. nina m.m. says:

Evening, Saved this video to watch later, I adore this bag, can’t wait to make one. Happy Mothers Day!!