Painted Blooms Bag Tutorial

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Painted Blooms Bag Tutorial

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Painted Blooms Bag Tutorial

So we all have that paper in our stash. The one that is so beautiful, you can’t bear to cut into it… Yes that one. The one you take out, look at, admire, then put away because you can’t bear to cut into it.

I have it too.

But I was determined that I was going to use the sheet from the Painted Blooms pack that everyone loves, but no-one uses.

And when I was at a craft weekend a few weeks ago, I spent some time coming up with project ideas.

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Painted Blooms Bag Tutorial Overhead view

This one I knew how I wanted to overall look to be, but as I was pondering to myself (quite probably muttering too), about how to close it, my friend Suzette piped up that I should simply put a band of ribbon around it.

Well that caught me immediately and I said to her that when someone comes up with an idea that I use, and make sure to mention their name. I laughingly said that in my head it would now be known as ‘Suzette’s Bag’ and when I wrote out the instructions, that’s exactly what I called it, so that’s why the video is now called that!

So on with the show, it’s a simple project – takes 7 minutes, including chatter and natter, and boy does it showcase that paper!

I hope you like it!

Dimensions when finished (to bow) – 1.75 x 4 x 8″ (4.5 x 10 x 20cm)

Paper – 12×12″ (30 x 30cm)

Score on one side at 1.75, 5.75, 7.5, 11.5″ (4.5, 14.5, 19, 29cm)

Score on the other side at 1.75, 9.5″ (4.5, 24cm)

Products used and showcased

DSP – Painted Blooms

Ribbon – Organza Ribbon, Whisper White Seam Binding Ribbon

Sam xx

Stampin' Up! Retiring List

I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to support Pootles! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!

To shop online, please click the link above or below! To Join Stampin’ Up! and my team of Pootlers, please either click the links in the menu bar at the top, or send me a message!

YouTube account is set at PootlesPapercraft but you can find me most places as Pootles!

1. Lynda S says:

So love the baggy-box and your ongoing battle with bows Sam!!! GORJUS ooxx

2. Vicki Collins says:

My sister’s name is Suzette, your bag is as beautiful as my sister is 🙂

3. Annie Jasper says:

You hit the nail on the head, Sam. There are certain papers that are impossible to cut into. Thank you for another beautiful start to my day!

• Annie Jasper says:

With a respectful nod to Suzette, I had to resort to punching two holes on the top scoreline, each about 3/8 of an inch from the edge of the bag. I used a heavy duty punch in order to get thru all the layers, then temporarily clipped everything in place while I tied the ribbon. It took me longer to tie the bow than it took to make the bag itself, but I was determined! The end result is very, very pretty!

4. I just love this DSP!! and this bag looks beautiful made with it!!! It’s a nice, roomy size to be able to fit a pair of gloves, a scarf, chocolate bars…..;)
    Thank you Sam for another fabulous video, and you did great making that bow. 🙂

5. Love this Sam. You really don’t need to do too much to decorate this bag. That paper is so gorgeous and a simple ribbon around it is enough. Yes, I have some of that paper and MUST use it very soon!!! 🙂

6. Karen S says:

Oh Sam, this Bag is amazing!!! So, so pretty, and classy too! I love it!!!
    I have been practicing my ‘Bow Tying’ after seeing yet another video on You Tube – but this one actually worked, so now I have small pieces of scrap card all over the place with different ribbon & braid bows on them from all my efforts last night (very pretty, but don’t know what the heck I am going to do with them!?!)
    Received my ‘Thank You Gift for last month – lovely! Thanks very much Sam, it is much appreciated. Karen x

7. This dsp makes a gorgeous project, no matter what it is! Love the cute bag, and the top closure as well!!

8. Love this Sam! Tell Suzette she takes after her brilliant friend, Sam!

9. Robbye says:

I have a feeling that I’m going to be making quite a few Suzette bags. I have DSP that I couldn’t stand, you say bear and I say stand, to cut into and now some of it has retired. Great video Sam and thanks Suzette

10. Great use of the paper we love and want to admire! I have to admit, I have a few packs of paper that are so pretty, I have hung them up in my classroom and craftroom just as 12×12 squares! I have thought of finding a frame and swapping them out here and there! But this project is a great way to showcase the paper and share it with others!