Stampin’ Up! Farmer’s Market Lidded Box Tutorial

Stampin’ Up! Farmer’s Market Lidded Box Tutorial

Stampin' Up! Farmer's Market Lidded Box Tutorial

I love DSP. It’s a well known fact that I’m a paper girl. But that doesn’t mean I love all paper patterns.

I really want to like all of the patterns on the Farmer’s Market paper, however I don’t (and you know me and my honesty). There are 4 that really don’t do it for me. But that means there are 8 that do! Whoop whoop!

I’ve always maintained that if I like half the pack then I’ll buy it. Well, I like 2/3rds of it, so I’m on a winner right there!

So today’s project is a simple lidded box, but showing off 2 of those gorgeous patterns that are very me. The Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla spots and the Blackberry Bliss and Vanilla gingham.

Stampin' Up! Farmer's Market Lidded Box Tutorial Close Up

I love how they work prettily with toning ribbons too. Thick Baker’s Twine is definitely my star this year, but I love the new In Colour ribbon too.

With the Cottage Greetings stamp set being used on the Extra Large Oval punch out, I love how these look and I hope you enjoy my video showing them too.

Dimensions when finished – 2.5 x 2.5 x 1.5″ (6 x 6 x 4cm)

Cardstock BASE – 5.5 x 5.5″ (14 x 14cm) Scored at 1.5″ (4cm) on all 4 sides

Cardstock LID – 4-9/16″ x 4-9/16″ (11.4 x 11.4cm) Score at 1″ (2.7cm) on all 4 sides

Panels – 1 of 2-3/8 x 2-3/8″ (5.5 x 5.5cm) and 4 of 2-3/8 x 7/8″ (5.5 x 2.2cm)

Products used and showcased

Cardstock – Blackberry Bliss, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla

DSP – Farmer’s Market Designer Series Paper

Ribbon – In Colour Ribbon in Blackberry Bliss, Thick Baker’s Twine in Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla

Stamp Set – Cottage Greetings

Ink – Blackberry Bliss and Cherry Cobbler

Other – Extra Large Oval Punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool

I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to support Pootles! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!

1. Sibylle Herbe says:

I for one appreciate your honesty. And truth be told, it is rare that I have loved every single piece of DSP in every set. You made me realize that 1/2 or more is great. And sometimes I surprise myself. The Best Year Ever DSP from Sale-A-Bration had a sheet I thought looked awful until I used it to make an adorable French fry box. Voila, I was in love. So, I try to keep an open mind.

2. sue tyler says:

Hi Sam
    I like most of the papers but I must admit the Bohemian paper is not my cup of tea. The patterns are too big and bold. Thank you for all your lovely daily projects.

3. Barbara Felece says:

Hi Sam
    I too bought this paper because I loved the sides opposite the fruits and veggies.
    This is such a perfect little box. The lid fits so beautifully. Looking forward to the 6 x 6 projects!! Thanks for all you share. xx

4. Love these little boxes, and I am right there with you on that Farmer’s Market paper. Good thing for those cute little prints and plaids!

5. Mary Jo says:

Loved how the twine worked with that Sam. The sentiment turned out great with the addition of the flowers! Cute project!

6. OH Sam…… did it again……………LOVE,LOVE,LOVE you boxes and I LOVE to watch your funny videos. I get so inspired when I watch you. So Thank-you, Thank-you, and Thank-you. Looking forward to watching you next week as well. Your my” iced coffee time”…… Linda

7. Christine says:

You are always honest Sam and say when you don’t like all the papers. Love the cute boxes and I will use my DSP shares to make something similar to yours.
    Looking forward to next week’s tutorials, you are so inspiring.
    Christine xx

8. Dear Sam
    I live in Australia and I want to say you are so talented and I thank you so much for sharing your box/packages tutorials, as soon as I receive your emails I just go straight into my craft room and start making what you are making (your instructions are so easy to understand) you are so inspiring. Thank you again for sharing your talent you are a beautiful person inside and out
    Your faithful fan Helen

• Hello Helen,

I live in Australia too, and I am glad you feel the way you do about Sam and her wonderful contributions. I feel the same and I am always excited to see the next project. So grateful to know that you too follow Sam. Cheers, Connie-Rae.

9. Easy Peasy indeed! I too love the alternate side of the dsp; thanks. Btw….love the nail polish color…. Please advise on the color. Thanks again for your tutorials … Love seeing them!

10. Christine Reid says:

Hi Sam,

Love my “Daily dose of Donald Demonstrations”. What joy! You are so conscientious!! Who else is as generous with time, inspiration and honesty?

Big thank you and every blessing,

11. I love your videos and have pinned many of them. I do have one suggestion.
    I have trouble understanding and hearing you. Could you please try to speak louder and slower?
    I have made many of your boxes and just love your tutorials! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.