The Tall Skinny Hexagonal Box Tutorial

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – The Tall Skinny Hexagonal Box Tutorial

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - The Tall Skinny Hexagonal Box Tutorial

Okay, right from the off, I need to put a big shout out to my husband Chris for the sensible engineering head he brought to today’s project.

After the fumbly finger ribbon fiasco from the other week when I made the beehive box, I came up with the prototype for this, and (without realising) said out loud, “oh that’s going to be a nightmare on video” and proceeded to lobb it in the bin.  Chris then pulled it out and asked what my issue was. I said that it would just be a fiddly nightmare that people would not like to see and he came up with the solution that you’ll see in the video.

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - The Tall Skinny Hexagonal Box Tutorial Overhead

I love him anyway, but man, he shot straight up to the top of my genius pile!!

Anyway, do enjoy the video, fumbly free for a change!

Cardstock – 9.5 x 8″ (25 x 20cm)

Score on the LONG side at 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9″ (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24cm)

Make MARKS on the LONG side at .75, 2.25, 3.75, 5.25, 6.75, 8.25″ (2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22cm)

Score on the SHORT side at 2, 3″ (5, 7.5cm)

Products used and showcased

Cardstock – Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Basic Black

Punches – Petite Petals, Itty Bitty Accents

Other – Whisper White Cotton Ribbon, White Perfect Accents

I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to support Pootles! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!

Comments

1. Thank you so much for all your beautiful tutorials and also to put the measures in cm.

2. I love all your videos but this box is delightful. I have had a creative low but can’t wait to go and make some of these. Thanks for all your inspiration.

3. Sue Gates says:

Hi Sam
    This is a brilliant box and just in time because I’m doing a craft fair this weekend.
    Thank you and your hubbie.
    Sue

4. Wendy Pickersgill says:

What a gorgeous box and easy close too. Well done Chris, brilliant. I made the small beehive box and it’s gorgeous. Will make again using this easy method. Thanks for all your inspiration Sam x

5. Fantastic box, thanks so much to Chris! Clever!

6. Awesome box, thank you and Chris for the very time saving closure!!!!!!!

7. sue tyler says:

Hi Sam
    Oo wouldn’t it be nice if Chris had done the video, with you to direct of course. This is a lovely box and I am sure we will lots of lovely varieties of it.
    Regards
    Sue

8. Annie Jasper (amjPeace on YT) says:

Your husband’s idea is elegant in its simplicity! The box is unique and fulfills my insatiable hunger for something original, unique, and of course beautiful! Thank you!

9. What a gorgeous box, tall and so perfect. When I was watching your video I was wondering how you were going to thread the ribbon through all those holes, thank goodness for your hubby, he came through for you with flying colors, he is one clever guy.
    Thank you for your videos Sam and thank your hubby for helping your with this lovely box. 🙂

10. Karen S says:

Round of applause for Chris! I liked the Beehive Box, but was put off making it by how fiddly it was to close – I’d have done exactly the same as you Sam – but after seeing this new (and blindly obvious) method I think I will give it a go! Today’s box is gorgeous, I love the shape of it, and the colours you have used are divine. Thank you Sam, and Chris (you are a star!) for sharing your project. Best wishes, Karen x

11. Shirley says:

Isn’t great to have a supportive man? My hubby has spent many vacation hours going to conventions with me and being my assistant while I taught classes! Love these men!!! Secondly I love this box! I can think of so many great things that it an be used for! I am doing a boutique in September and many of your designs will be on display!! I sell the boxes as well as classes for people who want to learn how to make them but need a little more hands on help! Thanks so much for sharing your great talent!!!

12. Sam, what a great project, and I have to agree, your hubby did a fab job of making this close super easy! Thank you, Chris! 🙂

13. I loved this box! The shape reminded me of a Christmas tree- so that’s what it became. I made the box from green card stock, used gold ribbon for the top and decorated it. I used my 1/4″ hole punch and punched a bunch of circles from red glitter paper. After I glued the glitter circles on ithe box, it WAS a Christmas tree. Maybe my next tree will be adorned with rhinestones, sequins, tiny stars or snowflakes…

14. Thanks so much for the idea and this great tutorial. I saw this box – liked it – tried it – it worked 🙂 Now there`s a reproduced box with the new In Colors. And I´m sure that it will not be the last!

Many greetings from Austria!
    Claudia

15. A cute box and a great way of handling the ribbon… thank you, Sam and Chris! 😀

16. Merci pour cette autre vidéo! La boîte est superbe, tu pourras trouver mon interprétation ici: http://papierciseauxetcie.com/2016/02/02/et-si-on-preparait-paques/
    A bientôt sur nos blogs!
    Sandrine

17. Une nouvelle version faite pour OnStage https://papierciseauxetcie.com/2016/04/25/creations-on-stage-2016-macaron-a-la-menthe/ 😉
    Bises
    Sandrine

18. For years I follow your blog – but somehow I missed this one. Or I forgot I have seen it. Both is possible

Trackbacks

1. […] Encore merci Sam de partager avec nous toutes tes créations! Et pour avoir les mesures exactes, allez faire un tour sur son blog (en inch et centimètres!!!) : ICI […]