A Softly Falling Happy Scene

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – A Softly Falling Happy Scene

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - A Softly Falling Happy Scene Glitter Detail

Well first up, I have to say that I’m not a girl who uses Embossing Folders all that often.

There’s no deep routed reason particularly other than I forget to remember to use them! However, with many people sharing the lovely Softly Falling Embossing Folder on their projects, I decided to use it myself.

Now my first question though is, which way up should it go???  Lots of snow at the top depleting to small sprinkles at the bottom, as I’ve shown… or should it be a little bit at the top collecting at the bottom?  I went back and forth a dozen times and went with this…

Anyway, snow falling aside, I used the Happy Scenes stamp set inside my Oval Framelit, picked out with Stampin’ Write Markers in Garden Green and Smoky Slate.

I thought it looked cute, but when I put tiny dabs of glue and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on it, it tok it up a level!

What do you think?

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - A Softly Falling Happy Scene

1. I love it Sam! Very beautiful!xx

2. Omg, adorable!

3. Love it, wish I had these sort of ideas!!!

4. I love this card Sam! It reminds me of the crisp air and the silence on a snowy day.

5. Rebecca V. says:

Hello, Sam! This card is absolutely beautiful! However, since you’ve asked, the embossing folder is actually supposed to be the other way around. Because it’s called, “Softly Falling”, the snow should be light at the top, as in softly, and accumulate at the bottom. However, the wonderful thing about being creative, is that you can do whatever you want. Also, your projects always turn out awesome anyway!

• But could it be that it’s thick snow to start with but some melts on the way down. Oh it’s a conundrum!!!!!!!

6. Karen Cass says:

love love love it

7. Softly at the top accumulate at the bottom, love your card as always beautiful.

8. This is a good card. Looks a bit like my yard from December to March! ha!

9. Lovely!

10. Kate Smith says:

Hi Sam, lovely card as usual. I like the overall simplicity of the look and it is not just for Christmas.

11. Annie Jasper says:

We’ve already had snow here in New Hampshire and I hate the thought of winter but I love this beautiful card!

12. Another great card Sam, thank you for sharing.

13. Very nice Sam! I love how simple it is!

14. Love it. I think you did it right. More snow at top tapering off as it reaches the ground (some melts along the way!). That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

15. Lisa Stokes says:

Thanks for the inspiration once again. I copied the idea but put an oval of Smokey Slate behind the image. I placed my embossed layer like you did thinking that the snow had just begun and then used the sentiment “let it snow, let it snow, let it snow”. Living in Texas for 11 years (originally from Southern Ontario, Canada) sometimes I get a little nostalgic for snow but then remember……

16. Love your card. That embossing folder, if it is to be true to it ‘s name, should have the thick snow at the bottom, with the thinner snow at the top, falling softly down onto the accumulation on the ground. Reversed, it looks like an avalanche of snow coming down capable of burying everything in its path. The name aside, logic dictates that the thick snow is on the bottom. It just doesn’t make sense reversed; except in a snow globe or cartoon world.

17. Angela Edwards says:

Hi Sam… lovely card and I have just received all the things to make it 🙂 plus some new edgelits! Thanks for all your inspiration… 🙂 xx

18. Barbara Dawson says:

I love this card & folder (whichever way you use it) will I be able to use this folder in my Grand Calibur?