Pootles Advent Countdown #11 Enormous Self Close Bag Tutorial

Pootles Advent Countdown #11 Enormous Self Close Bag Tutorial

Pootles Advent Countdown #11 Enormous Self Close Bag Tutorial

Well I promised you that I’d bring you a huge bag tutorial, and it’s here.

Now it’s a self close bag, but not in the same way that others are out there, but I clearly have been channeling them in my little head!

One of the ladies in my team, Keren Howell from Tuppence Coloured is the first person I saw who made one of the self close boxes and this is definitely along the same lines, but with a definite Pootles Twist!

Pootles Advent Countdown #11 Enormous Self Close Bag Tutorial Overhead

However, I made a boo boo right at the very end. But in the nature of honesty that I believe in (coupled with a lack of 2 identical sheets of paper), I carried on regardless and am sharing it with you.

I don’t know why the rip happened, I still don’t now, but I think if you’re careful with the initial close and don’t do what I did, show off and try it the other way, then you’ll be fine….

Anyway, on with the show!

You need 2 sheets of paper that you score and cut identically

Paper 12 x 12 (30.5 x 30.5cm)

Score on the FIRST side at 5.5, 11″ (14, 28cm)

Score on the SECOND side at 3, 10″ (15, 25.5cm)

Products used and showcased – Home For Christmas DSP, Very Vanilla Striped Ribbon, Simply Scored Scoring Tool

1. I’ve made the smaller versions of this, and my paper tore also!!! Was not happy, but, must go on!!!

2. Annie Jasper says:

This will be the perfect size for filling with toys and treats for the grandkids. And also a great substitute for the traditional Christmas stockings which are never returned to me for refilling each year, and who knows where those end up? Plus this looks like it will be fun to make, so everybody wins! Thank you, Sam!

3. I LOVE THIS! Thank you for the fabulous idea & tutorial! Definitely running to my desk to try this

4. MaryJo Marshall says:

LOVE THIS!! Thank you for sharing and for leaving the “tear” in the video!! It does show that everyone can have a “boo-boo”!!!

5. Adorable box, Sam. Please don’t ever leave out the bloopers, they always make me feel better when I don’t get it right on the first few times. I’m hoping to be able to replicate this using a 6×6 paper stack— Sadly, I have trouble procuring 12×12 card stock and papers where I am.

6. love this—I think I will make these for my class members and fill them with little goodies from SU. (probably some chocolates too!) Thanks for the great tutorial. Katie

7. Elisabeth says:

Oh! What a nice idea and wonderful tutorial.

8. Hi Sam Thanks for a great video. It was good to see the error. That way we can fold it the way it works best! Your wrap bracelet looked great with the paper!!!
    Your version is much easier than Keren’s cause you don not have all the funny scoring to do. Thanks!!

9. Tana Lewis says:

Sam, I love this bag….made it in Halloween DSP and they are the
    cutest bags I have ever made and so easy. Thanks for the great

10. Marilyn Austin says:

Amazing! You are an awesome creator of wonderful ideas. Do you create the projects yourself? I can’t wait to try this. Thank you from Florida for sharing your ideas and tutorials with details. You deserve an award from Stampin Up!

11. Wow awesome bag Sam. You could fit heaps in it.

12. Beautiful bag, Sam. I love how down to earth you are and keep going even with a little mishap

13. Just beautiful as always! I was wondering if you might be able to share the link to the other one your downline made?? Thank you for sharing your talent!!

14. Vicky Evans says:

Love this box/bag!
    Just to let you know though the measurement for the metric for the 3″ you have listed as 15cm it should be 7.5cm I realised when I went to remove the rectangles that mine was different to yours. All good though I just flipped the paper over and ran my bone folder down the 15cm score line to make it flat again and then scored it at the 7.5 measurement :0)
    Thanks for this tutorial love it!!

• Vicky Evans says:

lol I just realised on the video you did say 7.5cm but I was trying to be prepared so I could keep up with by scoring using the measurements written.