Sweetie Window Box Tutorial using Stampin’ Up! DSP

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Sweetie Window Box Tutorial using Stampin’ Up! DSP

Oooo it’s Monday! I can’t believe the last 2 weeks of SpringWatch have flown by already! Didn’t it whizz? I hope you all enjoyed it and got some useful ideas and some inspiration from it.

But we’re back to our usual schedule now, and it’s actually Half Term Holidays here for the children, so as we go live right now, the boys are either still fast asleep, or are up to mischief…. we have a whole variety of plans for this week, whether they come to fruition or not is as yet unknown, but the plans include going to space (Oliver), making dens under the dining table (Oliver), making a fort (Oliver)…. you get the drift. Although all 4 boys have decided that a sleepover in Mummy’s bedroom is a must. I wonder just how many will remain on the floor and how many will be in my bed with me?

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Sweetie Window Box Tutorial using Stampin' Up! DSP Single

So anyway, with it being Half Term, the boys always get a few extra treats, so my project today is a cutesy one that’s got yummy sweeties in it!

I love how this box turned out. And while I did ponder one single Window Sheet in it, I decided that 3 smaller pieces scored in half would be far easier.

I hope you like it, and maybe you’ll share some projects with me?

Paper – 6 x 6″ (15 x 15cm)

Score on the FIRST side at 1-3/8, 2-3/4, 4-1/8, 5-1/2″ (3.5, 7, 10.5, 14cm)

Score on the SECOND side at 1-3/8, 4-5/8, 5-5/8″ (3.5, 11.5, 14cm)

Window Sheets x 3 – 3 x 1-1/8″ (7.5 x 3cm)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1. Lovely again !!!

2. Anne Lumsden says:

Great idea Sam.

3. Christine Davies says:

Lol! Sam – ‘Bloop of the month’ meets ‘Spring Watch 3’!
    What a cute little box with a FUN way of closing it up! Thank for keeping it real.
    Christine xx

4. It’s magic! You are talented and a very good teacher!

5. Penny Caird says:

Big thumbs UP for a fun project! WE all make mistakes and it’s encouraging to see the professionals do too! Had a lovely giggle!

6. Love it. Sooo cute lol.

7. I love that you are real, and I would never give a thumbs down as your projects are superb! Besides, suppose I was working and had that exact trouble? I would know what went wrong! 🙂 Enjoy the half term break with your sons!

8. I love the windows in the box! Great for little treats!

9. Cute box, I like the windows in the corners, tfs!

10. Kim McAlister says:

What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for sharing!

11. Renee McClintock says:

I love it! I am always looking for fun ways to use my window sheets. Thank you for being real!! 🙂

12. Oh Sam. Thumbs down would be appalling. Thank you for sharing even your little errors. The box is adorable and sweet. (And thanks for giving us a heads up for tomorrow. I was so happy to see that I had already purchased both the stamp sets and paper that is retiring today. Can’t wait for tomorrow so I can place my order for the new treats. Love the set with the bike in it.) Have a super wonderful day.

13. Love this project! My Ladies who come to stamp love it when I use one of your ideas in a class and this is definitely one I will use in my 3D class. Thank you for all the inspiration and the wonderful fact that you are human:) Susan in Maryland, USA

14. Love it Sam…bloopers & all. One part of your directions are missing, under the’ve left off the 8 for the 4 1/8. you tell in the video, but we may forget when just reading the directions…

15. Love watching your videos. You manage to chat and still get right to the point of the video. Tip – Next time you want to lace something with that twine, try putting a dab of glue on the end, let it dry while you do the video then when you’re all done, just snip it off.

16. Lovely idea but will it work with small circles as I don’t have oval cutters?

17. Thank you for leaving your bloopers in! So great that you don’t make yourself out to be perfect! Enjoy your video/projects. Thank you so much for sharing! Blessings to you and your Boys!

18. Really neat idea! Loved it..thanks! Great and funny video glad you aren’t perfect..just like the rest of us!

19. Gloria Westerman says:

Love this little box…and love that you show us not what to do…you are just to funny….so creative and I just love watching you work….please keep them coming and I would never get you a thumbs down…that’s just not right…

20. Love all the boxes you make, for I am a box person too. I don’t leave comments very ofetn but enjoy every thing you make. I see you were having trouble threading the twine throw the holes, ever tried using a Tapestry needle it works great with ribbon or twine then you would have to keep cutting of the end. Hope that helps.

21. Joanne Myers says:

I love your videos. Your bloopers make it real and funny and so enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

22. This is an adorable box. Quick tip for threading the twine. Put a piece of tape on the end of it and it is like the tip of a shoelace.

23. Hazel Basnett says:

I have just had the best chuckle all day, someone else other than me shapes like a handful of sore fingers as my mum would say… but a cracker of a project well done again Sam

24. great project Sam, and had the best chuckle all day…someone else “shapes like a handful of sore fingers” as my mum would have said!