EOS Hand Cream Bag Tutorial

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – EOS Hand Cream Bag Tutorial

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - EOS Hand Cream Bag Tutorial

Oh the missed opportunities and total irony….

A couple of weeks ago now, I’d had a day set aside for designing projects and crafting. What did I do first thing that morning? Burned my hand on my hair tools…. Ouch. the pain! I sat at breakfast with a bag of iced paper towels on it, but despite my best efforts, I a) got a blister which now isn’t particularly pretty and b) had pain all day.

That put paid to my crafting, but I did manage to put one project together and it was only after finishing it that I connected the irony of burning my hand and creating a bag for hand cream… oh what a silly thing!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - EOS Hand Cream Bag Tutorial Stamped Detail

But I am pleased that despite the hand not looking it’s finest, I’m back on form and can’t wait to get back to my craft desk when the boys are back in school!

And this is one of those great have-ready-for-emergency type gifts for teachers and co. They love them!

So I hope you like my project and if you too have hand injuries, I’m empathising!

Happy Friday everyone!

Dimensions when finished – 5 x 3 x 1″ (12.5 x 7.5 x 2.5cm)

Paper – 5 x 11″ (12.5 x 27.5cm)

Score on the LONG side at 5, 6″ (12.5, 15cm)

Score on the SHORT side at 1, 4″ (2.5, 10cm)

1. Julia Dawn Mason says:

HI Sam,
    Do you have an aloe plant? Aloe plants can prevent blisters when you burn yourself , break a leaf off and expose the gel inside and rub over the burned area. No blister will form. Many years ago I fell through a wooden floor at my grandmother’s house. My right leg fell through and I was scratched up pretty bad. My uncle went and got a big aloe leaf, split down the middle and I rubbed it all over the area that was scraped. I do not have any scars on my leg from that because of the aloe being applied to it. If you do not have an aloe plant, get one.

2. Anne Lumsden says:

Glad you have recovered. Your posts start my day, and always leave me feeling bright and cheerful. Thank you for all these demos and the inspiration they provide. You are truly gifted….

3. I didnt know you had burnt ! I hope now you’re better ! Thanks for all the sharing x

4. Yes you did go for the right colour choice, great bag.
    Never seen EOS-creme, what a fun shape.

5. Ouch, Sam! I am glad you are feeling better! I love the orange stripey side of the paper and this bag! As a teacher, I would love to receive a giftie like this! You always have such fine gifties for your boys’ teachers! What a great mum! I bet your boys are so proud to take is such fine presents! 🙂 Enjoy the end of the holidays with your little fellows!

• Ugh! I had a typo! So sorry! I meant to write: I bet your boys are so proud to take in such fine presents. Apologies! I thought I proofread properly. My excuse is it is 5:30 a.m. here and I haven’t finished my first cup of coffee yet! 🙂

6. Perfect color choice! I pray you don’t burn yourself again, but if it should happen put a cold wet tea bag on the burn. It stops the pain faster and reduces scarring.

7. Very nice project and very funny post!

8. Renee McClintock says:

I like your sideways stripes! Thanks for another great project idea. I have a few thank yous I need to make and send.

9. Gloria Westerman says:

Terrific little bag…perfect for those little things that go into them…you made the right choice by me on the DSP…love it….so glad your healing from the nasty burn…those tools are so hot…I’ve burn my neck with my curling iron before …but the good news is they heal pretty quickly…Aloe is the best to put on burns…I used to have a plant but I don’t have a sunny spot for them now in my home..tfs

10. Joyce Wilson says:

Read somewhere where flour would stop the burn & blistering. Tried it & it worked. Just dipped my finger in some flour. Story came from a man who was burned badly & someone had a bag of flour so they threw it on him & he did not end up with one blister.

11. esther martin says:

Where did you get your hand balm?