Watercolouring – a new addiction…!

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Watercolouring – a new addiction…!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Watercolouring - a new addiction...! Hello You Thinlits

It’s official. I’m addicted to watercolouring.

I’m still not confident enough to film a tutorial, but maybe in a few weeks? Who knows! But I had the most fun making this card!

I wanted to just sploosh colour onto a piece of cardstock and then hack it about. Essentially that’s exactly what I did….. I used Shimmer Card for it, though I do now have some Watercolour Cardstock on order and I can’t wait for it to arrive!

My colours are a real rainbow, but I reckon this look could work with 3 or 4 colours of the same tone? Maybe blues or pinks?

I went simple with the wording and decided to use the Hello You Thinlits stuck down with a hint of Fine Tip Glue.

Simple is definitely me, and although the drying takes time on these cards, they’re so worth it!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Watercolouring - a new addiction...!

1. Love this card Sam. I think shimmery card stock adds a very cool dimension.

2. Val Peacock says:

Thanks Sam I am a bit nervous of doing water colouring, this card has inspired me to have a go. TFS.

3. Anne Lumsden says:

4. Glad you had fun with this! You’ve made a pretty background. I have just ordered the shimmery white card for water coloring, just to see how it looks. I love the look of yours, so now I’m excited! 🙂

5. Hi Sam
    I LOVE the water colouring – each card will be unique! You are an amazing demonstrator.
    I just want to say, hand on heart, I love Stampin’ Up products full stop! I have 100% trust and confidence in this amazing crafting company. The goodies are always packaged carefully and sent in sturdy cardboard boxes. The quality of the Stampin’ Up products is always outstanding too.

6. Angela Edwards says:

Lovely card Sam and the rainbow effect is so colourful… 🙂 x

7. Annie Jasper in NH says:

I love how you put the background in two pieces. I’m definitely going to try this. And I actually have that thinlit set! Thanks for sharing this idea, Sam!

8. I love watercolor also. So much so, that I just purchased Brusho powder paints. Thanks for all the great posts. You are so very talented.

9. Gloria Westerman says:

I love this!!!! your watercoloring is awesome…and I love how you cut the background into 2 pieces…clever idea…can’t wait for your video….tfs

Love this. Must have a go with my Brusho paints.

11. I love the way the colours blend. It is indeed an outstanding card!!

12. I was trying to work out how you’d done the glittery shimmer. I love this effect. Think will have to give it a try xx

13. Love the card.
    Speed up drying time with a little heat in the back…. it uncurls the card too.
    Happy Spring

14. Gorgeous, and love the split. You used the inks to watercolor?!

15. Michelle says:

Spectacular! I love the watercolor, too. Although, I need to actually do it again.