Yankee Candle Votive Gift Box, plus Surprise Cat Appearance!

Stampin’ up! Demonstrator Pootles -Yankee Candle Votive Gift Box, plus Surprise Cat Appearance!

days left 4

click HERE to find out more!

When one is sharing how to hand cut and create a tiny rose, one always hopes that a cat won’t suddenly leap onto the desk… Well yes, my lovely Fennel did exactly that in today’s video. I was literally just cutting a rose and she jumped up!

What you couldn’t see because it was off camera, was her parading all around the desk and sitting on everything. She sat on my rhinestones, sat on my dimensionals, and then flicked her tail (crossly presumably!) across the grid paper. Yes, you did get to see that. Clearly she wasn’t happy with me about something!

I do adore her, she’s 12 years old now, and is my every day comforter and confidante….

Fennel post video hijack

Anyway, back to the project! I love the Yankee Candle fragrance Loves Me, Loves Me Not, but it’s long discontinued and very hard to find. I managed to snap up a bargain pack of votives from ebay recently at pretty much retail price rather than the usually ridiculously inflated price you normally see for this scent. And because I now have a large number of them, I wanted to create a box for them.

Stampin' up! Demonstrator Pootles -Yankee Candle Votive Gift Box, plus Surprise Cat Appearance! Top

I have made this box before, although without a lid, and a few people questioned the fire hazard safety of it. Well the box wasn’t designed to have the candle in, and then lit. It was designed as a gift box. I hope that this one, with a lid (and some hefty health and safety warnings) is well received!

Cardstock for Base AND Lid – 5 x 5″ (13 x 13cm) Each

Cardstock for Inner – 4-15/16 x 1-15/16″ (12.8 x 4.8cm)

Score the Base at 1.5″ (4cm) on all 4 sides.

Score the Lid, using a shim as shown in the video, at 1.5″ (4cm)on all 4 sides

Score the Inner at 1.5″ (4cm) at Both ends

Cardstock panels – 4 of 1.25 x 1.75″ (3.5 x 4.5cm) AND 1 of 1.75 x 1.75″ (4.5 x 4.5cm)

1. Love the candle box, and the kitty must be jealous your talking to us and not her! 😉

2. Really nice, love the soft colours – slate and pink with inked edges, softens it more.

3. Such gorgeous cat. Cute box too

4. Robin Reed says:

I love Yankee votives and love this project. I can’t wait to make some later today. Thank you for sharing it and Fennel. I lost my kitty Nacky (16 years old) recently so her antics made me smile. Crafting with a kitty demanding your attention is challenging and well just funny. Enjoy every minute of her. <3

5. Love the project! I will be making these for some friends at school for end of year gifts or maybe for April Showers, Bring May Flowers! I love seeing Fennel! What a sweetie! She wants to see what you are up to and get some love from her Mum! Thanks, Sam! Have a great day!

6. Connie Turner says:

Great box and I love when Fennel pops in for a visit….

7. Renee McClintock says:

Fennel is welcomed anytime! Great video and thank you for the votive box. Such a great project!

8. Do you know what Fennel wants to say: “There is really nothing in the world as interesting as I am!! So, why crafting and speaking to a camera when I am there? Stop it and scratch me gently.” Do you think I’m a cat whisperer…
    By the way (lol)… your box is a very great idea. With or without a candle, I’ll surely CASE it. Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

9. Your lovely Fennel looks just like my La Rue.

10. Susan Fiehler says:

I just love Fennel!

11. Gloria Westerman says:

Love this little box…prefect for those little gifts…tfs…your little kitty is precious….maybe she likes your candles as well…

12. Jeena Huntzinger says:

I am a certified Crazy Cat Lady, so I loved it when Fennel made an appearance in the video. I also have a 12-year-old calico named Sunshine. All my kitties bring me great joy, as Fennel does to you, so let’s have more Fennel! Always love your projects as well.

13. Pottles,thank you so much for the wonderful projects. And I also what to thank you from my heart! Your beautiful Fennel,Is a twin to my beloved cat, who past away last March. But watching you an your baby brought me great joy!!! Julie,U.S.A.

14. Beverly Benson says:

Hi Sam,
    Thanks so much for this adorable little box. I love pink and gray together. So pretty. And THANK YOU for teaching me how to make the rose. Simply awesome. Fennel is welcome anytime – she is adorable too. Have a great day Sam. Lots of love from Idaho (Western US) 🙂

15. Linda Robbins says:

Sam……first of all I want to let you know how sorry I am about your situation. I have been down that road, so I know what your going through. In my situation I didn’t have any children . I know that you and your children are going to be fine. Next I want to let you know that I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your video’s so PLEASE keep it up. I have made a lot of your projects and made very bad mistakes like you, so your not the only one. We are all human……right? I also LOVE the fact that you are ALWAYS so happy and funny and that puts me in a happy mood as well when I watch your video’s and I have had a bad day too……so thanks for that . I look forward to checking your website everyday to see what you are making , so thanks . Also …….I love seeing your surprise guest….he is VERY cute. I have a small dog and when ever I come into my craft room she wants to sit on my lap. We just can’t live WITHOUT them… little Shali is 7. I wish you and your little boys only the BEST in life. As they say “Keep an upper lip” and you’ll be JUST fine. Keep those video’s coming and I’ll keep watching and making your projects. ……As long as we get to see Fennel once in a while……………
    LOVE, from North Dakota Linda