Everything Eleanor, Pinks and Watercolour Paper

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Everything Eleanor, Pinks and Watercolour Paper

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Everything Eleanor, Pinks and Watercolour Paper Heat Embossing Detail

Today I have my first foray into using Watercolour Paper. I kept forgetting to remember to order it, and then when I did, it took me another week before I remembered I had it! Oh that is pretty much me all over! I have post it note reminders on my desk, but then they get picked up and moved and my memory isn’t what it used to be!

I’m not sure how I’m going to get on with it. I can’t ‘spread’ the watercoloured ink as well as I can on the shimmer paper, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it!

I heat embossed my Everything Eleanor image first though and then laid the colours over the top. And if you haven’t spotted them, the centre of each Itty Bitty Accent flower has a candy dot to match the pink that’s watercoloured behind it!

Pretty card and not too bad for my first use of the special paper!

1. Val Peacock says:

Love it

2. Gail Raw says:

It’s fabulous Sam, I love the colours you have chosen. xx

3. Sam you have totally inspired me to try to emboss and watercolor! Your card is amazing! Oh dear where did I put that watercolor paper? This week I received my heat gun, any tips on embossing? We have a chance of snow later today, thinking that might be a great opportunity give it a try. Thank you for the inspiration!

4. Renee McClintock says:

There is not one thing I don’t LOVE about this card! So beautiful! Thanks, Sam.

5. Just saw a “How to” on “k werner design blog”
    where she taped the watercolor paper to a board and lightly brushed it with water. The colors then flowed easily. She then dried it with her embossing heat tool before removing it from the board.

Love all your blogs, Sam. You’ve made me quite a hero with my friends with all your designs!!

6. Deanette says:

Love this card, Sam! I have not tried to “watercolor” yet either. I want to learn how to do it. Keep reading that it is so easy…we’ll see! 🙂 Thanks for sharing. Really like your colors on this too! 🙂 YES, did see the candy dots matching your colors. They just pull it all together!

Lovely card today Sam. Must give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

8. Gloria Westerman says:

How fun…love it..tfs

9. Beyond lovely. will you be posting instructions of how you used the ink? Thank you.

Btw, you were the first box punch board instructor I found on youtube, and the one I’ve stuck with ever since.