How To Heat Emboss Any Ink Colour

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – How To Heat Emboss Any Ink Colour

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - How To Heat Emboss Any Ink Colour in colours

Oooo don’t you just love a cheeky cheat method with stamping? I’m a girl who likes to use things to their fullest and while in the past Stampin’ Up! did carry a large number of coloured embossing powders, we now just have 3 metals a white and a clear. But that won’t stop me embossing any colour I fancy!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - How To Heat Emboss Any Ink Colour Flirty Flamingo

My video today shows you in detail how to create this look, and it’s so much easier than the method of stamping at high speed and throwing powder on as fast as possible. That’s just a recipe for disaster. And no, you don’t need a stamp aid either….

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - How To Heat Emboss Any Ink Colour Close Up

So I hope you like my video, but as importantly, what do you think of the 5 new In Colours?? Aren’t they gorgeous? Not specifically designed to work together, they are beautiful on their own and in clusters with other colours,

Have a fabulous day today, and share some of your heat embossed creations too!

1. Brilliant, Sam! I’m definitely trying this technique ASAP.

2. Anne Lumsden says:

Great demo.Will definitely try that. Prefer more ink pads to embossing powders!

3. Anne Lumsden says:

p.s. your nails are always beautifully manicured and coloured!!

4. Barbara says:

Hi Sam
    Brilliant demo, just had to try it ,works fantastic.
    Thanks for the top tip x

5. Great technique! Pretty card, love the focus on the one image too!

6. Brilliant! Thank you for sharing…the cards are lovely too! Blessings, Marie

7. I have used this technique for awhile now, and love how it looks. Thanks for sharing, Sam. God Bless

8. Gloria Westerman says:

I had often thought about doing this but was to scared…now I know it’s ok to do this…so thank you so….soooooo much for sharing this…love it…

9. Mary Jo says:

Thanks for the fun video Sam. I haven’t thought about doing this in a while. I like how the size of the stamp makes it the focal point.

10. This technique is wonderful and I can’t wait to give it a try.

11. Fay Marie Gardner says:

What a great technique! Thanks for sharing it with us!

12. Thanks for the great tip, Sam! 🙂

(I still need coloured embossing powders for use on dark cardstock and with other media such as polymer clay where the embossing powder is mixed into the medium, but this opens up a world of colour possibilities with light-coloured cardstock!)

13. TeBu (Tera Buhlmann) says:

Hi Sam (love your name btw ) this was awesome! Now Regarding your tea bag holders I love them! Making a bunch to sell to earn money for November! I’ve made 5 so far! (75 more to go!)

1. […] right? Today I used the umbrella and I used a trick that I saw on Pootles’ site. She mentioned a much easier way to emboss any colour. First you use the embossing buddy and […]