Jacob’s Falling Flowers using Stampin’ Up! goodies

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Jacob’s Falling Flowers using Stampin’ Up! goodies

Happy Sunday everyone! Are you crafting? My boys and I are down in a pretty town, Ruthin, where we’ve been going for about 9 years on the very last day of the school holidays. It’s an accidental tradition but we can’t change it now! There’s a duck pond there, skate-ramps, swings and a great place to picnic. I really hope that the weather is good, or it’s going to be soggy!

My card today isn’t really my card, it’s Jacob’s. He’s my crafty helper and on Thursday, September 1st, he turned 8!

We made this card weeks ago. He loved the crumb cake version of one I made and he patiently stamped and cut and coloured this in. If you could picture a small boy with snowy white hair (we call him The Boy with Polar Bear Hair) with his tongue stuck out to one side and a look of sheer and total concentration on his face, well you’ve got Jacob then!

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Pootles - Jacob's Falling Flowers using Stampin' Up! goodies Close Up

He stamped the flower and coloured it in but asked me to stamp the sentiment. He did a better job than I did, I wobbled my stamp! But he forgave me!

Neither of us can remember the colours he used to colour the flower buds and leaves in, but I’m guessing at Melon Mambo and possibly Pear Pizzazz? I don’t think it really matters though, creativity is whatever takes hold that day!

So I hope you like his card, he’s getting really good at matting and layering now. He got the width just right but the length too long on his first go, but we got there!

Have a great weekend.

1. Love your card Jacob, what a brilliant job you did! Well done, and Happy Birthday for the other day.

2. Marthea W Aust says:

Very sophisticated card Jacob. Amazing that you are just 8 years old.
    I am sure Mum appreciates your help. Great work

Have a good year at school.

3. Anne Lumsden says:

such talent Jacob. Well done and thanks for sharing…

4. Val Peacock says:

Love your card Jacob, hope your birthday was a good day. Hope the new school year is a good one for you, and your brothers.

5. Beautiful card Jacob and Happy Birthday! You are a very talented young man!

6. Well Jacob, you’ve definitely learned your mom’s amazing skills, your card is gorgeous, I’m so impressed with the colors and beautiful contrast on the black card stock.
    Happy belated birthday sweetie, I’m sure your party was loads of fun and good luck and best wishes on the new school year for you and your brothers.
    Big Paper Hugs from the USA.

Beautiful card Jacob. Belated Happy Birthday.

8. Robbye Hamilton says:

I think Jacob did a super job. The card is so lovely.

9. Lenoria Kelly says:

Happy Birthday to Jacob! He did a fabulous job on the card, he can come help me any time he wants to!!

10. pat trueland says:

i love all the cards and boxes you have posted.
    i was playing around with the window sheets and try the staz on and it turn out to use the jar of love framlite for the boxes.
    keep up great job.

11. JEANNE L-RODGERS says:

WELL DONE JACOB! and Happy belated Birthday. The colours you have chosen and the subtle Chalk look is fantastic.
    Hey Sam I think your job may be safe for a few years yet, but watch this very capable boy.

12. Kathy Thomas says:

Well done, Jacob! Hope your birthday was happy. Thanks for sharing your work.
    Kathy from Indiana USA

13. Pauline from Spokane Washinhton says:

Smashing card, Jacob; love it! I know your mum loves having you work/create with her in her studio! Looking forward to seeing your next creation.
    Hope you had a great birthday!

14. Jacob, you tsught me a new trick, coloring over craft ink! Beautiful card. Happy Birthday, I’m a September kid too (although it’s been a while since I was 8!)! All the best for a happy successful school term. All the way from California in the US.

15. Julia Dawn Mason says:

-You made a very lovely card Jacob! Here is a birthday wish for you, may all of your birthdays be filled with laughter, family and friends. I am a October birthday, 10 days from Halloween.

16. Happy Birthday, Jacob. You need a web site, (tell your mom.)