Regal Triple Creme Egg Box using Stampin’ Up! Foil Window Sheets

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Regal Triple Creme Egg Box using Stampin’ Up! Foil Window Sheets

Click it for a 360° View, Pin it for later!

GIF

Click it for a 360° View, Pin it for later!

So I have a confession to make. I cannot bear Cadbury Creme Eggs. I love chocolate and I love fondant but the pairing of the 2 in a creme egg is just bleurgh to me! Too sweet! But, my boys all like them and I’ve just found out that my Dad likes them too! They’re available all year round, but come Easter time, they ramp up in price because they get ‘boxed’ in packs of 3 or 4. If you’re canny and clever though, you can still get them loose or in the case of these, 3 for £1.20. However, I have to credit my husband with this find…. I don’t pay attention to them myself or the price, but he popped to the post office the other day and I asked him to bring a couple back for me for projects that were in my head. Being the kind sort, he bought 6 (one for each of us – bless, he subsequently got mine so he got two!) and mentioned they were 3 for £1.20!

So taking his bargain find and wanting to make a box, I came up with this one!

As I said, I don’t like them myself, but I do like their colours. And give that they’re pretty commonplace, I wanted to make them more decadent and regal, so I went with the colours and came up with what I think is a rather regal box!

Elegant Eggplant, Foiled Window Sheets, Gold Ribbon and Gold Enamel Shapes. Tra la!!!! I wasn’t sure if the Real Red version would be as luxurious looking, but Mum and I think it is definitely the better looking one!

However, I’d love to hear which you like more – red or purple….!

Have a super day!

Cardstock – 8.5 x 7.25″ (22 x 18.5cm)

Score on the LONG side at 1.5, 3.5, 5, 7″ (4, 9, 13, 18cm)

Score on the SHORT side at 1.5, 5.75″ (4, 14.5cm)

Window Sheet – 4 x 1.75″ (3.5 x 10cm)

Finished dimensions – 4.25 x 2 x 1.5″ (10.5 x 5 x 4cm)

#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator

Join 25,319 other subscribers

Comments

1. So pretty the acetate transparent sheet . . . now I need the eggs!!!! Thanks a lot!!

2. Judith Dee says:

Oh these are lovely, I love them both and as I also couldn’t eat a cream egg I don’t think I could choose!

3. I love these eggs, and look forward to them every year! Pretty boxes for them, love the eggplant one.

Lovely project and I do like Cadbury’s Creme eggs. Thank you for sharing this project.

5. Love the simplicity of this.

6. Judy Collins says:

I love the red – lush! Can’t wait to try them but also want to try colour matching to the other chocolate eggs we can get in similar sizes! Thanks Sam – another wonderful project!

7. Anne Lumsden says:

Really yummy looking Sam. I like Lindt chocolate truffles and they would work in here too. TFS

8. Well Sam, I love those eggs, I look forward to the Easter season because this is the only time, as far as I know, when they are available here in the USA.
    Your boxes are lovely, the window with that beautiful acetate in gold or silver makes it truly elegant.
    I love both boxes but if I must choose, I choose the one with the Elegant Egg Plant color, purples are my favorite.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

9. Great box! I really adore the foiled acetate…
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

10. Robbye Hamilton says:

While I love their commercials I’m not really a fan of Cadbury Eggs. Your project is simply lovely and I think my favorite is the Elegant Eggplant one. Another great job Dam

11. Robbye Hamilton says:

While I love their commercials I’m not really a fan of Cadbury Eggs. Your project is simply lovely and I think my favorite is the Elegant Eggplant one. Another great job Sam

12. Christine Geary says:

Purple is my favorite color so I think the purple box has a slight edge over the red one. That being said, they are both gorgeous. When I was younger I’d look forward to Easter season as that was the only time they were available here in America but in recent years I have seen them year round. I don’t really like them anymore; I think my taste buds have matured along with my years!

13. Lisa Sylvia says:

So clever, I think they both look beautiful, but I do like the red better. I wonder how it would look with gold? 🙂

14. Love choc egg box ,made 5 for grandchildren ,couldn’t do top as I don’t have big shot ,thanks Sam ,and congratulations on your win ,you deserve it for all you do you are a great inspiration to all off us .xx

15. Gorgeous box! I am with you Sam…not a fan of the Cadbury Creme Egg, however many friends and family that do. Thanks for your wonderful creation

16. I have to go with the Eggplant one, because I am a purple lover–not a red lover. Lol

17. cute box has to be eggplant purple very regal

18. Love this little box, I’m sure there are a ton of goodies that would fit into that one. Very clever. Thanks for sharing it with us.

19. Belinda Back says:

Lovely box Sam, although like you I can’t stand those eggs either!! I like the red one the best.
    When running the box through the big shot to cut out the window, could you not fold that top flap back on itself again to avoid the imprint in that piece?

20. Hi Sam
    Loving the eggplant with gold very elegant I too don’t like creme eggs I may have come across a solution for the little marks from the big shot I folded the cardstock around the edge of the plate & placed on the platform then the die then the 2nd plate it worked no marks Joy

21. Sam, loved the creme egg box. I have quite a few gifts to make for co-workers so I resized the box to hold two eggs rather than three and put one cream egg and one caramel egg in each.