Whole Lot of Lovely Hexagonal Box with Cute Close Top

Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Whole Lot of Lovely Hexagonal Box with Cute Close Top

Happy Friday everyone!

Today’s project was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest but when I clicked on the image, it was for a template you downloaded and printed out then cut around. It was really cute, but I prefer to create projects from blank cardstock than printing out patterns, so I decided to take inspiration from it and create my own.

The original I saw was a cupcake with sloping sides and while mine doesn’t have those, I still think it’s rather lovely with it’s sloping rounded top!

I can’t decide which of these 2 I prefer. Black on Black or Black on Pool Party???

I do adore the shimmer ribbon though. Isn’t it gorgeous?!?! I can see me using a lot of this, particularly with the Whole Lot of Lovely paper!

Have a great weekend,

Cardstock – 9.5 x 7″ (26 x 18cm)

Score on the LONG side at 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9″ (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24cm)

Score on the SHORT side at 2, 5″ (5, 13cm)

DSP – 1-1/4 x 2-3/4″ (3.5 x 7.5cm0

#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator

Comments

1. Debie Jonsson says:

Oh My Goodies!! This has to be the bestest box of all time!! LOVE IT!!
    Thanks ever so much for sharing your amazing talent for the unusual and beautiful.
    Debie from sunny California. U.S.A.

2. Love both boxes ,You could lots off deferent things in them ,thanks Sam Xx

3. It’s a wonderful box, love the domed top. I think I like the pool party one a little better, only because it’s one of my favorite colors 🙂

4. Zeny Lucey says:

Love this box; thank you for sharing all your wonderful projects with us.

5. Lisa Sylvia says:

WOW Sam, that box is beautiful, love the shape of it and that for sure would make a gorgeous presentation for gift giving. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent.

6. Oh Sam, love the domed shape of this box, beautifully decorated with the pattern paper and that lovely ribbon.
    And, just so you know, I was laughing with you the whole time, love it when you show us the little mishaps that happen when you are filming, it’s reassuring to know that even the very best, have them.
    Big hugs from warm Crown Point, IN. USA.

7. Patricia Duffy says:

Oh! My! Word! I think this is one of your best ever little boxes … LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.
    I have made two already and I am hooked. I love making 3D projects and this is a winner for me.
    I have made quite a few of your projects, I just had to comment on this one.
    I love how you leave in your little Fax Pas on the Video in, it’s wonderful to hear you laugh them off.
    Have a wonderful rest of the day.

8. Absolutely Fantastic Box ! ! Can’t thank you enough for sharing your wonderful talent! I like both box colors, but love the decor even more!

9. Barbara Burton says:

I look each day to see what you have made Sam this as to be one of the best will be making one later. i do things for charity and have made lots of your boxes. Thank you so much for sharing all your ideas.
    I wondered if you could show a box which would take a miniature bottle of wine forgive if you have done that in the past and I have missed it.
    Thanks for all your tips , have a good weekend.
    Cheers Barbara

10. I made my first one & love it. Planning on making some to fold flat to finish when I need a quick & sweet gift. I’m smiling happily 😀 Thanks again Sam!

11. Joan Yap says:

This one reminds me of a lantern for burning candles in, so definitely perfect for candle gifting. Thank you for the laughs 🙂

12. Christine Geary says:

I’ve been following you for nearly two years and have made many of your projects. Thank you! I’m on holiday right now and can hardly wait to get back to my craft room to make one of these! I’ve never thought of messing with the perfection of your creations but as you were finishing this box and holding it up I could see the corners rounded as a finishing touch. May your creativity never cease!

13. How very cute! I’m thinking if you don’t do a bow, but tie at the end of the ribbon, this might be able to hang on a Christmas Tree or somewhere, as long as the goodies aren’t too heavy. Love it. Thanks for another wonderful project and video.

14. lorraine says:

Love it Sam… it’s so nice to know that I’m not the only one that gets the measurements wrong. Big hugs from Penang. x

15. Evening Sam from Australia. Could you please advise the length of the ribbon. This is your most amazing box ever.

Thanks for ribbon length.

Warm Wishes: Mal, Melbourne, Australia.