Pootles Advent Countdown 2017 #3 Stack of Christmas Gift Boxes

Pootles Advent Countdown 2017 #3 Stack of Christmas Gift Boxes

So I’ve been waiting to share this project with you for weeks and weeks!

I can’t stop loving this stack and it’s now residing in pride of place on my stationery cupboard in my office, where it will remain until December 1st and then take up home in the small boy’s play room. They love it as much as me, and while they know this particular one is empty, they still keep loving on it and trying to peek to see if I’ve put something in the boxes!

There’s something wonderfully decadent about a pile of gifts, we love the feeling of excitement that the pile gives us. And there’s nothing wrong with that, but equally, why not make a stack to work as home decor???

I worked with the Envelope Punch Board to make my boxes of Christmas Around the World loveliness, and these are all squares with heights the same.

I do have a rectangular version of this coming very soon….!

And while I remember, I’m also adding in the video for how to make the ribbon rose on top. I’ve not seen anyone else do one like this, and mine was filmed back in September 2013. Honestly, it’s so easy to make, so I’ve added that video too.

Enjoy!

Paper – 23.5cm Punch and score at 8.2 and 15.2cm

12.5cm box

Paper – 27cm punch and score at 10 and 17cm

15cm box

Paper – 30.5cm punch and score at 11.7 and 18.8cm

Don’t forget the Super Dooper Amazing And Wonderful Competition! Details HERE

I hope you enjoyed this project, please do use the hostess code to get free product! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!

#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator

Join 25,325 other subscribers

Comments

1. Wow ! What a good idea! Even for my great daughter, it will be a marvellous gift. What to put inside ? I must think…. thank you very much Sam.

2. Anne Lumsden says:

I found you Sam after I purchased the EPB and was looking for other ways to use it and was amazed at what you created and continue to do. This is so cute and would be great just as a decoration. TFS.

3. Peggy Mitchell says:

Wow! Just WOW!

4. GORGEOUS!!!!!!

These are gorgeous. Thank you for the two videos. Love the Rose. Wonder if I will get in a muddle though as am Lefthanded so need to do it the other way round. Will give it a try.

6. Love this! What an adorable decoration this is!! Thanks so much!

7. Gloria Westerman says:

You’ve made some awesome projects but this is fabulous…love they whole concept of what these boxes showcase….brilliant ideas…thank you so much for sharing this with us….love it…and a pretty easy rose …again thank you….

8. Marthea from Western Australia says:

Wow that rose is amazing. Doesn’t look hard either
    TFS and what width did you suggest as the minimum width? 1/2 inch 3/4 inch 5/8 ?..

9. I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ADVENT COUNTDOWN BUT THIS PROJECT HAS TO BE THE BEST, THANKS FOR SHARING AGAIN. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO NEXT.

10. Dianne Massie says:

Love it! Now I definitely need to order the DPS pack.
    Thanks for sharing.

11. Supercalifgragilisticospialidocious ly beautiful!!! (For those who remember Mary Poppins) . . . somebody will own for Xmas . . . it will be under my Xmas tree or on top of the mantle. Thanks so much!!!

12. Wow Sam, these projects are so clever. I can see me using these alot. The box stack would be fabulous for baby showers. Thank you for all your amazing inspiration.

13. Absolutely gorgeous, love it and that ribbon rose is beautiful. Thanks Sam for always sharing your beautiful projects.

14. As always you make the cutest things.
    But I wonder if the measurements on the 3″ box is correct?
    2-12? Should it be 2-1/2?

I love your videos and you give me so much inspiration.
    The only downside is that I can’t buy and SU products…

Kind regards,
    Erika in Sweden

15. What a great project and love the rose tutorial, too! Thanks for sharing your creations with us!

16. I love the tower of gifts, so beautiful! Thanks also for the ribbon rose video, I will definitely be trying some of these for gifts. Thanks so much.

17. Peggy Mitchell says:

I have had requests to have a class that will re-create your wonderful stack-of-boxes project along with the beautiful burlap ribbon rose. Do you have an estimate of how much of the burlap ribbon you used to wrap the boxes and to make the rose? Thanks so much.

18. Maria Valladares says: