#1 Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Freestanding Pen Pot Tutorial
Ok, so this is possibly the coolest desk storage I’ve made in a long time.
I wanted to make some pretty desk storage for pens and tools and I took inspiration from one of my own projects from almost 7 years ago. The Business Card Holder I made back then was so very popular as it didn’t fall over under the weight of the business cards and that was what I wanted for this pen pot.
As you can see from the photos, and in the video, even those huge great big scissors I use stand in it without toppling over.
It’s considerably easier to make than you’d expect, and you have to love the moment during the video when the lightbulb goes off and I realise that these would be a brilliant make for craft fayres, or even for you to put in the post to someone. Genius!
So please do have a go at making one, or even some. You’ll love them!
- Cardstock – 8 x 8.5″ (20 x 21cm)
- Score on the LONG side 2, 4, 6, 8″ (5, 10, 15, 20cm)
- Score on the SHORT side at 4, 5″ (10, 12.5cm)
- DSP Panels, 4 of each – 1.75 x 3.75″ (4.5 x 9.5cm) AND 0.75 x 1.75″ (2 x 4.5cm)
- Size of the pot – 2 x 2 x 4″ (5 x 5 x 10cm)
- Footprint size – 4 x 4″ (10 x 10cm)
I hope you enjoyed this project, I absolutely adore what I do and spend many hours working on designs, new projects, new ideas and more.
I love to spoil all the people who shop with me, so every month I post out a handmade card, an exclusive newsletter and a product gift too.
And if you use the hostess code, I send even more free product! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Sam Hammond Donald
#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator
- You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on the right hand side, or within this blog post.
- You can also join Stampin’ Up! through similar links too! I have various FAQ and joining Stampin’ Up! pages on the blog, so do click around!
- I cover the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Austria with my shop, but also my team too, so you can join me in those countries also!
- And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as a Guru with my account name as PootlesPapercraft, however, I’m scattered everywhere as Pootles!