#1 Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Pootles – Colour Challenge Box Tutorial using Artistry Blooms
Happy Friday everyone!
I hope you have some great plans for this weekend, but if you don’t, how about having a play with a couple of trios of colours.
My eldest son Jack joined me in my office the other day when I was designing, so I decided to bring him into the build and structure of a box and why it is made in the way it is. He’s currently studying A-Levels in Art, Media and Product Design, and I found out a while ago that his tutors for product design have showcased some of my videos to the class as tutorials!
So it was an ideal opportunity to expand on our current home schooling, but then Jack decided to set a little teaching of his own. He has a remarkable eye for colour and he announced the trending colours for the summer to me and said I ought to work with them.
Thank goodness for Artistry Blooms is all I can say!
The first trio is below, and then because I always make a different version on camera to the original, he set up 3 more colours for me….
(You can click on each colour icon and see which products we have that match those colours in my online shop!)
I decided that if I could do it, my team could too, and they jumped on board with it. We have cards, scrapbook pages, boxes and more. And the colours used in so many amazing ways.
So if you fancy trying out a challenge, please go for it and I would love to see your ideas and please do either email them to me, or you can join the challenges I’ve set into my Pootles Craft Forum group on Facebook – click HERE
Back to the box, it’s a reinforced box, and just as I was teaching Jack about the structural integrity of a larger box, I take the time in the video to do the same for you all too.
And yes, I may have cheated a tiny bit using the coastal cabana and granny apple green as an ink sploosh on the die cut, but heck, I met the challenge…!
I do hope you find it useful!
- Cardstock BASE – 12 x 12″ (30 x 30cm)
- Score at 2″ (5cm) on ALL sides
- Paper LID – 12 x 12″ (30 x 30cm)
- Adjusting slightly as per the video, score at 1, 2″ (2.5, 5cm) on all 4 sides
- Finished dimensions – 8 x 8 x 2″ (20 x 20 x 5cm)
I hope you enjoyed this project, I absolutely adore what I do and spend many hours working on designs, new projects, new ideas and more.
I love to spoil all the people who shop with me, so every month I post out a handmade card, an exclusive newsletter and a product gift too.
And if you use the hostess code, I send even more free product! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Sam Hammond Donald
#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator
- You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on the right hand side, or within this blog post.
- You can also join Stampin’ Up! through similar links too! I have various FAQ and joining Stampin’ Up! pages on the blog, so do click around!
- I cover the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Austria with my shop, but also my team too, so you can join me in those countries also!
- And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as a Guru with my account name as PootlesPapercraft, however, I’m scattered everywhere as Pootles!