#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Demonstrator Pootles – Extremely Very Totally Simple and Easy Picnic Basket Tutorial
There are times when I’m very pleased that I do video tutorials and that you can hear me talking about my projects.
I don’t do complicated.
Writing that sentence down doesn’t quite get the inflection in my voice, or the almost audible pouting and stamping of feet, but thankfully, you can hear me when I chatter on the videos!
But I don’t. I am one of those crafters who likes to make simple but pretty, fast but effective, quick but gorgeous. And despite having been a demo for 8 years now, I really don’t see myself as a highly skilled crafter, just one who likes to be efficient and effective.
That doesn’t mean I don’t absolutely love and adore complicated and intricate crafts – I can lose myself for hours on pinterest admiring them all – but that’s not where my skill set is at all.
So my (ridiculously!) long title for today’s project hopefully gets across that yes, this is a simple project to make, and that really anyone can make it as long as you have good card, a decent trimmer and a scoring tool.
How you decorate is up to you and who you’re giving it to (unless, like me, you’re hoarding it for yourself..) and I decided that a picnic basket for a day at the beach (staycation UK anyone?) needed the rather fabulous Sand and Sea suite to show off it’s glory.
I love the project, I hope you do too.
- For this project, you need 2 of all of the following
- Cardstock Box – 7 x 11″ (17.5 x 27.5cm)
- Score on the long side at 2, 5, 7, 10″ (5, 12.5, 17.5, 25cm)
- Score on the SHORT side at 2, 5″ (5, 12.5cm)
- DSP – ONE OF 2.75 x 2.75″ (7 x 7cm). THREE OF 2.75 x 1.75″ (7 x 4.5cm). ONE OF 2.75 x 0.75″ (7 x 2cm)
- Each box finishes at 3 x 3 x 2″ (7.5 x 7.5 x 5cm)
- For the Strap, you only need one of the following
- Cardstock – 1 x 11″ (2.5 x 27.5cm)
- DSP – 0.75 x 10.75″ (2 x 27cm)
I hope you enjoyed this project, I absolutely adore what I do and spend many hours working on designs, new projects, new ideas and more.
I love to spoil all the people who shop with me, so every month I post out a handmade card, an exclusive newsletter and a product gift too.
And if you use the hostess code, I send even more free product! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
- You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on the right hand side, or within this blog post.
- You can also join Stampin’ Up! through similar links too! I have various FAQ and joining Stampin’ Up! pages on the blog, so do click around!
- I cover the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Austria with my shop, but also my team too, so you can join me in those countries also!
- And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as a Guru with my account name as PootlesPapercraft, however, I’m scattered everywhere as Pootles!