DIY Tutorial How to Make a Fancy Fold Birthday Card – Oliver’s 12th Birthday – #1 Stampin’ Up! UK Demonstrator Pootles
I have so much fun in my office each month, crafting with my son Oliver, and as today is his 12th birthday (and yes, it’s a school holiday today too!), I thought it would be perfect to make a card for him, and share it with you too.
I can’t take credit for the design, I had seen one of those insanely fast (like 10x speed) reels on instagram, and fumbled around until I got the jist of it.
Then blow me, the following day, I saw one of my lovely team member’s shorts. Donna Lester (Taffy Crafting) and she had made a similar project, but on a whole other level!
So I pinged her a message and asked for the tutorial, and showed her mine. Well, she has a version of that too!
Her one similar to this one HERE
And the card that is on a whole other level of brilliance! HERE
My directions are similar to Donna’s but I will include Imperial measurements also.
I would always say though, do practice on scrapper card and paper first… particularly with something like this!
Now, I’m off to wish my lovely Oliver a very happy birthday. This goes live at 7am my time, likely, he’s already awake…!
- Cardstock – 28 x 10.5cm
- Score at 7 and 21cm
- Cardstock popper panels – 13 x 1.5cm AND 10 x 1.5cm
- Score the LONG panel at 2, 4, 11cm
- Score the SHORT panel at 1, 2, 9cm
- White Cardstock for back panel – 10 x 13.5cm
- Paper Panels – 4 of 6.5 x 10cm
- Cardstock – 11 x 4-1/4″
- Score at 2-3/4, 8-1/4″
- Cardstock popper panels – 5 x 1-2″ AND 1-2 x 4″
- Score the LONG panel at 3/4, 1-1/2, 4-1/4″
- Score the SHORT panel at 3/8, 3/4, 4-5/8″
- White Cardstock for back panel – 4 x 5-1/4″
- Paper Panels – 4 of 2-1/2 x 4″
I hope you enjoyed this project, I absolutely adore what I do and spend many hours working on designs, new projects, new ideas and more.
I love to spoil all the people who shop with me, so every month I post out a handmade card, an exclusive newsletter and a product gift too.
And if you use the hostess code, I send even more free product! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Sam Hammond Donald
#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator
- You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on the right hand side, or within this blog post.
- You can also join Stampin’ Up! through similar links too! I have various FAQ and joining Stampin’ Up! pages on the blog, so do click around!
- I cover the UK, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Austria with my shop, but also my team too, so you can join me in those countries also!
- And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as a Guru with my account name as PootlesPapercraft, however, I’m scattered everywhere as Pootles!