DIY How to: Make a Unique and Creative Card Holder for Giving Money as a Gift – #1 Stampin’ Up! UK Demonstrator Pootles
Happy Monday Everyone, and for those of us in the UK, Happy Bank Holiday!
It was my eldest son’s 20th Birthday yesterday (it is the 13th birthday for one of my nephews, Ben today!) and we gave him some cash for his gift.
My boys, and certainly my nephew, are now at the age where they find cash more useful as a gift. They can put it towards a larger purchase. In Jack’s case, something for his car!
But rather than just popping cash in an envelope, I decided to expand on my whole cash wallet, cash gifting thing that seems to have been my creative focus over the last month or so.
And this is what I came up with!
It’s a little slim box, with a closure, tucked inside an expanded card.
I am absolutely delighted with how it came out, and as you can see, the closure at the top means that money won’t fall out either.
And if you think the birthday thing is coming in quick succession for me right now (Oliver was 12 a couple of weeks ago), my husband Chris has a birthday on Wednesday and another niece (Ben’s sister) has her birthday at the end of the month. It’s all go here!
Have a lovely day everyone, and if you’re on a Bank Holiday too, what are you up to?
- Cardstock Card 10 x 4.5″
- Score at 3, 3.5, 6.5, 7″
- DSP Panels and White Panel – 2.75 x 4.25″
- Cardstock Pocket 5.5 x 3.5
- Score on the LONG side at 2.5, 3″
- Score on the SHORT side at 0.5, 3″
- DSP Panel – 2.25 x 2.25″
- Tab Closure 1 by about 6″
- Tab DSP Closure – 0.75 x 6″
- Coloured Front Panel – 2.75 x 2″
- White Stamping Panel – 2.5 x 1.75″
- Cardstock Card 25.5 x 11.5cm
- Score at 7.5, 9, 16.5, 18cm
- DSP Panels and White Panel – 7 x 11cm
- Cardstock Pocket 9.5 x 14.5cm
- Score on the LONG side at 6.5, 8cm
- Score on the SHORT side at 1.5, 8cm
- DSP Panel – 6 x 6cm
- Tab Closure 2.5 by about 15cm
- Tab DSP Closure – 2 by about 15cm
- Coloured Front Panel – 7 x 5cm
- White Stamping Panel – 6.5 x 4.5cm
I hope you enjoyed this project, I absolutely adore what I do and spend many hours working on designs, new projects, new ideas and more.
I love to spoil all the people who shop with me, so every month I post out a handmade card, an exclusive newsletter and a product gift too.
And if you use the hostess code, I send even more free product! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Sam Hammond Donald
#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator
- You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on the right hand side, or within this blog post.
- You can also join Stampin’ Up! through similar links too! I have various FAQ and joining Stampin’ Up! pages on the blog, so do click around!
- I cover the UK, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Austria with my shop, but also my team too, so you can join me in those countries also!
- And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as a Guru with my account name as PootlesPapercraft, however, I’m scattered everywhere as Pootles!