An Open Christmas Basket Tutorial Using Traditions of St Nick – #1 Stampin’ Up! UK Demonstrator Pootles
I had a lane swerve on today’s project. I had made my original project using Winter Meadow for our team event, but decided at the last minute to switch out the paper for my much beloved Traditions of St Nick paper. I love that pack so much, and it was lovely to use it again on today’s Christmas basket project.
I think it works really well!
Some projects don’t need loads of extra decoration and this paper very much does that. It’s all the decoration really needed beyond perhaps a tag or something for the recipient.
And trust me, people love a little Christmas basket!
I will say that yes, this is the first of 2 parts for the project, but in reality, you can use this on its own. Add some tissue paper and some little sweeties or gifts. Or maybe lose the tissue and load it with sweets???
Anyway, I hope you like it, and don’t forget to come back on Friday for the 2nd part!
- Base – 9-3/4 x 6-7/8″
- CUT THE 6-7/8” SIDE FIRST – AS PER THE VIDEO!!!
- Score at the adjusted 2″on all sides
- DSP Panels for the base. 2 each of 1-3/4 x 5-1/2″ AND 1-3/4 x 2-5/8″
- The handle is as long or as short as you want it to be. I tend to prefer the full 11=3/4” with the width being that little left over strip!
- Base – 17 x 24cm
- CUT THE 17cm SIDE FIRST – AS PER THE VIDEO!!!
- Score at the adjusted 5cm on all sides
- DSP Panels for the base. 2 each of 13.5 x 4.5cm AND 6.5 x 4.5cm
- The handle is as long or as short as you want it to be. I tend to prefer the full 29.7cm with the width being that little 4cm left over strip!
I hope you enjoyed this project, I absolutely adore what I do and spend many hours working on designs, new projects, new ideas and more.
I love to spoil all the people who shop with me, so every month I post out a handmade card, an exclusive newsletter and a product gift too.
And if you use the hostess code, I send even more free product! (hostess code shown in the top right of my blog for the current one!) Learn more HERE. If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Sam Hammond Donald
#1 Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator
- You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on the right hand side, or within this blog post.
- You can also join Stampin’ Up! through similar links too! I have various FAQ and joining Stampin’ Up! pages on the blog, so do click around!
- I cover the UK, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Austria with my shop, but also my team too, so you can join me in those countries also!
- And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as a Guru with my account name as PootlesPapercraft, however, I’m scattered everywhere as Pootles!